Tuesday, September 30, 2008

3 Months

     We have three months until my husband will get deployed. This will be our first deployment. He will be gone from January until the end of July. 
      I am trying to be brave, and not think about it until we actually have to deal with it. But we already started talking about the arrangements we need to make before he leaves. I will go stay with his family, and when he gets back he will hopefully be able to take a few weeks off so we can move everything back and so we can spend some time together, and also with his family. 
      All this talk makes me sad. I am excited for him, he gets to go to Africa, see new things and experience new cultures.  Plus, Africa is supposed to be a little safer than Iraq or Afghanistan. Hopefully we will be able to communicate often. And we're used to being away from each other... I mean, for the past two years we only saw each other every six months or so, and just for two or three weeks at a time. This time its different. It will be harder, because we are now used to seeing each other day after day after day, and spending time together, but it will hopefully be a little easier because now we are married, and when he comes back, it will be another year or two until he has to go again. 
       We have been married for 9 months now, and I got to see him every single day! The happiest 9 months of my life! 
         I will stay positive about this deployment. I hope I will have my drivers license by the time he leaves. 
    I have to go work on his scarf, still. I have been busy doing things around the house so I didn't have too much time to knit. I am also praying that my birth certificate won't get lost in the mail, since i need it for my USCIS interview at the end of October. 
      I will come back with pictures of Seth wearing the scarf, hopefully soon.  

No comments: