
Anyway, back to my friends and mom coming over! I am soooooo very excited!! Last time I saw my mother it was a week after Seth and I got married, which is 8 months ago! Our friends, who were also at the wedding, decided to come over for the Black Friday sales, and to bring my mother over with them! It was such a blessed thing to do! Mami and I didn't hope to see each other for another year or two, since I am still waiting for my paperwork from Immigrations to come, and since we're not sure when we will afford to make a trip to Romania. But now she is coming, and even though it is only for a week, we will just stay hugged the entire time!!!
My mother is the best. After my dad died 4 years ago, i went from being daddy's little girl, to being a very depressed young woman, to becoming best friends with my mother. And once Seth and I started courting, she was the shoulder to cry on every time my computer broke or the internet was down, or Seth's computer broke, and we were unable to talk. I don't know how well I would've managed the long distance relationship with Seth if it wasn't for mami to be there for me and support me. The best thing of all was that she understood what I was going through. She didn't yell at me or think Im crazy because I woke up at 4 or 5 every morning to be able to talk to Seth for two hours before going to classes all day. Instead, she would wake up to go to work ,and always made time to make me some tea or coffee or breakfast, when I didn't have time to do it myself. She bought me phone cards so I can call Seth when the internet was down, and she never complained about the phone ringing in the middle of the night, just because Seth wanted to say good night.
She was very supportive of our relationship, and it meant the world to me. When Seth came to Romania to visit me and to meet her, she did her best to make sure he had a wonderful time. She cooked, and cleaned and supervised us, and also had her share of fun with us!
So now she will be our guest. And I want to make sure she will have a wonderful, amazing , fun week with us. I want this to be filled with good, fun memories. Because we don't know exactly how long it will be until we meet again, so we need to create as many memories as we can, so it will last long.
All this talk about my mami made me miss her, and made me miss home. So I will go look for some good plane tickets, just to keep myself from crying.
88 days and I get to see MAMI!!!! YAY!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment